Search this Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A lady who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.






Here’s to a new blog by a die-hard Jane Austen fan.


I entered the world of Jane Austen at the fresh age of 15, having first seen the TV miniseries 'Pride and Prejudice'. This was enough to persuade me to devour all her novels by the time I was 18, not without struggle. Being a non-native speaker of English, the complexities of Georgian English made it very difficult for me to follow her writing without a dictionary and to reach the end of those beautiful, long lines of perfectly crafted sentences.

However, years of study later I have now gained a good knowledge of her stories, characters and the language used in her novels as well as her life in Regency England, which never ceases to fascinate me. This is what I now wish to share with all you Janeites out there – whoever, wherever you may be. I’m looking forward to your comments and contributions, and to exchange ideas and opinions with you on all things Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to add some valuable comments and feedback!